Calling all comic geeks! Come marvel at the Ocean City, MD, Comic Con event. OCMD Comic Con is the largest pop culture event on the eastern shore. Stop by the Roland E. Powell Convention Center in midtown on December 10, 2022, for legendary comic writer appearances, lightsaber performances, panel discussions, anime screenings, and tournaments! Book your stay at the Americana Hotel Oceanfront and Americana Motor Inn for convenience and to walk the boardwalk before and after the event.
OCMD COMIC CON ATTRACTIONS
Do you love superheroes, science fiction movies, and comics? Are you a part of a fandom? If the answer is yes, you don’t want to miss the OCMD Comic Con attractions. Ocean City, MD Comic Con brings together kids and adults who share a love for comic books, anime, film, science fiction, and fantasy genres. See your favorite characters and live like them for a day. Tickets are $12 per person, and kids 12 years old and under are free when accompanied by adults.
- Guests/Vendors – Guests include the Blue Power Ranger, Michael Copon, Jack C. Harris from DC Comics, legendary comic artist Ron Wilson, and the Bat Mobile!
- Gaming – Enjoy the opportunity to participate in two tournaments of either Super Smash Bros, Ultimate, or Guilty Gear Strive hosted by Small Town Gaming. There are prizes for the winners too!
- Panels & Events – Attend panels about game design, comic book writing and illustration, voice acting, cosplay, entrepreneurship, and special effects makeup. Star Wars fans of all ages will love the lightsaber performances and training events where kids as young as six can learn Jedi choreography.
- Anime – Guests can watch anime screenings all day long, hosted by the Delaware Anime Society.
- Cosplay – Participate in the cosplay contest! The contest will be hosted by the fabulous Kati Coe, and judged by the awesome Fanbustion, Kevin Hock of Transcendent Events, and Ally Blaze Cosplay. There will be two categories, one for kids under 12 years old and one for adults 13 and older—prizes for all participants plus $1 off admission if you’re dressed up.
The Americana Hotels are perfect for families with kids, with spacious rooms and amenities. In the winter Ocean City is still open for business! After Comic Con, you can wake up on Sunday and walk the boards, stroll on the beach, hit an arcade, or visit the outlets for holiday shopping in West Ocean City. Book your stay at the Americana Hotel Oceanfront and Americana Motor Inn soon!